Fixed-width font appears as variable-width font

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
jnavaroli

Fixed-width font appears as variable-width font

Post by jnavaroli »

Hello,

I am evaluating the PDF Converter 3.0 trial version and so far I am very impressed with the features and ease of use. However, I have discovered an issue which I cannot resolve. I am printing from an application (HP Agilent ChemStation) that uses a mixture of fixed-width font (Courier) and variable-width font (Arial) for text content. When printing to Acrobat Distiller, the PDF looks identical to the physical printout. When printing to PDF Converter, it uses Arial for all text. I have set all options for embedding fonts in the printing preferences, and I have tried other combinations of other options both on and off (i.e. multilanguage support, enable postscript simulation, etc.), but I still get PDFs using Arial for all text content.

I have sent an email to the support address detailing this issue, and on that email I attached both the PDF generated by PDF Converter and a scan of the physical printout to compare.

Is this something that can be fixed? This is my only roadblock in purchasing the software.