Amyuni -30 and Office 2016, any fix yet?

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
aroncox

Amyuni -30 and Office 2016, any fix yet?

Post by aroncox »

I see there was a post a while back about problems with Amyuni and Office 2016, and the recommendation at that time was to use a different per-user licence key. That would be difficult for us as, are there any other fixes yet, as we're seeing this issue more and more? We're currently using 5.0.1.9. Thank you :)
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Amyuni -30 and Office 2016, any fix yet?

Post by Jose »

Hello,

As previously mentioned, the issue with Outlook is not a deficiency in our product.

Office 2016 creates a sandbox that isolates the Amyuni PDF Converter from the global configuration. Using a “per-user license key” allows the use of the Amyuni PDF Converter with Office 2016. Using the Per_User key will have no impact on your application.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
aroncox

Post by aroncox »

Thanks for your reply :)

Will a per-user licence work in the same way? How about in a Citrix environment? The name suggests I need a licence for each user, or can I just carry on with a new single licence for all my users, just one that is in the per-user format?

Thank you for your help!
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hi,

The licensing does not change. Only the licensing keys change.

The PDF Converter driver functions be reading and writing printer settings to and from the system registry. All users of the PDF Converter must have at least read/write privileges to the "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\<Printer Name>" and "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software" keys in the registry. If the user or application does not have permissions to access these keys, the conversion process will fail and the "Printer not activated Error code -#” error message will get generated.

This functionality can be modified by using our “Per User Activation Code”. This code causes the PDF Converter to save the printer settings in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry as opposed to HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG. MsOffice has read and write access to these keys.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
aroncox

Post by aroncox »

Thanks Jose, I guess I'd better get some new keys and do some testing then (Microsoft why do you make out lives difficult!).
Onaya

Post by Onaya »

More and more of our clients are now using Outlook 2016 64 bits, and they all experience this incompatibility between Amyuni and Outlook 2016 (error -30)
As far as I understood the cause of this problem, it' is due to Outlook 2016 which is forbiding writing acces to HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software..
The solution would be to use Amynuni Per_User licence key .
Questions
- How do I get a Per_User licence key .
- What does it mean for our product, which is distributed whith an embedded activation code ?

Thanks
Patrick MITTON
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Other than where the Amyuni printer driver “writes to” and “reads from” registry entries, the per_user and regular licensing keys function in the identical manner.

You can request a per user activation code from our support team. Please send an email including your current “license to” and “activation code” value to support@amyuni.com

Thanks