Looking for Web Example

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Pmurphy

Looking for Web Example

Post by Pmurphy »

We have a web application with a page full of graphs and a button on the page for printing to a pdf. When the button is selected the user is forwarded to a print friendly version of the page and on pageload a clientside vbscript function is executed to kickoff the process of printing the document to a pdf file that is stored on the clients machine.

All the above works but only if the users changes their browser security settings under ActiveX controls and plug-ins:
Set the setting for: Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe (to ENABLE). Obviously for most clients this is a problem to let unmarked activeX controls function at will. Is there a way around this solution?

I'm using 2.06d

The code is:

sub RunPDF

On Error Resume Next

CommonDialog1.ShowSave

If Err.Number=32755 Then
Err.Clear
On Error Goto 0
Exit Sub
End If

On Error Goto 0

Set pdf = CreateObject("CDIntF.CDIntF")

pdf.DriverInit "SSPDF"
pdf.SetDefaultPrinter
pdf.DefaultDirectory = Left(CommonDialog1.FileName, Len(CommonDialog1.FileName) - Len(CommonDialog1.FileTitle)-1)
pdf.DefaultFileName = CommonDialog1.FileName
pdf.FileNameOptions = NoPrompt + UseFileName

alert("Please choose SSPDF")

window.print()
pdf.RestoreDefaultPrinter

end sub

Also included in the web page is:
<OBJECT CLASSID="CLSID:5220cb21-c88d-11cf-b347-00aa00a28331">
<PARAM NAME="LPKPath" VALUE="Common.lpk"/>
</OBJECT>

<OBJECT ID="CommonDialog1" WIDTH="0" HEIGHT="0" CLASSID="CLSID:F9043C85-F6F2-101A-A3C9-08002B2F49FB" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/comdlg32.cab">
<PARAM NAME="CancelError" VALUE="1"/>
<PARAM NAME="DialogTitle" VALUE="Save to PDF"/>
<PARAM NAME="Filter" VALUE="PDF Files (*.pdf)|*.pdf|All Files (*.*)|*.*"/>
</OBJECT>

Even if I remove the save dialog box objects and add a specific path and file name to the subroutine I still run into the problem with the security setting.

Anyone have any suggestions other than have the client buy a separate PDF writter program.

Thanks in advance.