Restricting Filling of Form Fields

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
MazHaddad

Restricting Filling of Form Fields

Post by MazHaddad »

[Edited March 23, 2012] This post is now outdated. In order to flatten form fields, we can go through the fields on a page and set the "Annotation" property to 0. This will convert form fields into static objects (static text or frames.)

I tried the various document encryption options but could not find one that would allow me to secure the form fields in the saved PDF to prevent the user from filling or changing them. Even when I choose no permissions, using the Encrypt or Encrypt128 functions, the "filling of form fields" option is still allowed in the resulting document. Is there a way to enable that security option from PDF Creator? If not, is there a quick way to flatten the PDF file by converting the form fields into regular text?
David
Amyuni Team

Re: Restricting Filling of Form Fields

Post by David »

[Edited March 23, 2012] This post is now outdated. In order to flatten form fields, we can go through the fields on a page and set the "Annotation" property to 0. This will convert form fields into static objects (static text or frames.)

Hello

You can “flatten” a PDF by setting the locked attribute of the object in the PDF Creator control. If this attribute is set to True, Object cannot be modified.

Also, the LockAllObjects method of the PDF Creator is used to lock/unlock all objects on the current page.

**Flattening the document in this manner will cause the document not to be editable in the Amyuni PDF Creator only. The document will still be editable in other PDF editors.

Hope that helps?
David
Amyuni Custom Development
Do you need a specific PDF solution? Are you looking for expertise that will enable you to start or complete a PDF integration project?
http://www.amyuni.com/en/company/services.php