Access Violation on Vista

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
badtoad

Access Violation on Vista

Post by badtoad »

I am getting the following error when I compile and run the Sample came with Amyuni PDF Creator .NET.

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

This only happens on Vista. On XP it is working fine.

Here is the call stack:

at a(UInt32 , SByte* , SByte* , UInt32 , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , at_o1* , at_a4* , at_a4k* , Void* )
at a(at_ae6* , at_o1* , at_fe , SByte* , UInt32 , UInt32 , at_bx , UInt16 , Void* )
at a(at_aa9* , at_o1* , at_fe , SByte* , UInt32 , UInt32 , at_bx , Void* )
at a(at_hy* , IacControlContainer* , Int32 )
at Amyuni.PDFCreator.IacScrollBar..ctor(ScrollableControl parent, IacDocument document, Position pos)
at Amyuni.PDFCreator.PDFCreator..ctor()
at PDFCreatorApp.AppForm.InitializeComponent() in C:\Install\Amyuni\Creator-Net\pdfcreator.net300\pdfcreator.net300\pdfcreator.net300\PDF Creator .NET ver3.0\Sample\AppForm.cs:line 343

This happens when I run the executable after compiling.

I am also getting the same exception on my small test app and it always happen when I try to create the object (similar to sample app).

this.pdfCreator = new Amyuni.PDFCreator.PDFCreator();

As you can see from the call stack it is happening from the constructor of PDSCreator().

It looks like it is calling a function pointer from a structure and that pointer is invalid.

Any help would be appriciated.

.regards

Atif Gul
Microsoft Corporation