PDF file not created under Windows 2003 Server

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
ric_z999

PDF file not created under Windows 2003 Server

Post by ric_z999 »

Hi,

I am running a small program that converts a basic text file into PDF file using PDF Creater 1.59c. I have used this program on many sites under Windows XP, 2000 and 2003 without a problem until this particular site. Basically the PDF file is not being created.

The hardware is Intel Xeon 1.86 GHZ with 16GB RAM. Running Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition fully service packed and updated with latest patches.

The other printers on the machine are:
Konica Minolta PagePro 9100
CutePDF Writer
HPLJ 4050
HPLJ 4p/4MP
Epson ActionLaser Plus
Microsoft Image Writer
Konica Minolta IP 511A PS

Other ports are apart from the usual LPT, COM and some Terminal Server ports:
CutePDF
DataTech FaxPort
Quickforms PDF Port - which is the name of the port that uses the Amyuni PDF Creator 1.59 driver. Strangely enough there are 2 of these listed but only one is ticked.

Like I said this is the first time in maby installations I have come across this problem and I have been unable to get a resolution from the developer that supplies the program that uses the driver. I am unable to access any source code however I don't believe its a program bug because we have used this program many, many times before on various platforms including this one.

I have tried this using the Administrator account and have given the relevant folders Full Control to Everyone. I did all this just to make sure it wasn't a permissions or rights issue. I have also checked the Security tab under the PDF Creator printer to make sure Everyone has Print etc rights.

As far as I am aware this was just a normal installation of the program the same as has been done many times before.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers and Merry Xmas.
Richard