PDF Converter:Version 3 of the compared to previous versions

Share your opinion and comments about the Amyuni tools with all the Amyuni users' community.
Joan
Amyuni Team

PDF Converter:Version 3 of the compared to previous versions

Post by Joan »

Hello,

For those who are currently using version 3 of the PDF Converter and were using versions 2.5, 2 or even 1.5 before, how did you find version 3 compared to previous versions?

Is it a nice evolution of earlier versions? Are the new features useful? What features could have been useful but are not available in V3?

Regards,
Joanna
Andy Bantly

Post by Andy Bantly »

Version 3 has not helped us at StatSoft, Inc. It has perpetuated the existing bugs left around in version 2.5 that are, in my opinion, mission critical features. The first is the inability of the driver, after version 2.10, to render texturized fill regions. The second is the inability or lack of stability in supporting multiple core CPU's. The third and most important issue is customer support and care. AMYUni takes the approach that the customer is wrong until they can prove otherwise. Let me describe with a concrete example. On Fri, Nov 17, 2006, I submitted a bug to AMYUni in which said that texturized fill patterns were not being rendered. Over the remainder of the course of 2006 and 2007 I had to struggle with AMYUni to first get them to even look at this bug, which they rejected at first saying it was not reproducible. Finally on June 1, 2007 (7 months later!) and after many many emails and phone calls on our side, they said that they have resolved this issue in version 3.0. I was excited to test the fix only to be severly disappointed that the fix introduced a new bug. The new bug, while not fatal, caused the rendered regions to be extrememely blocky and not at all representative of the texturized regions being printed.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your comments, they are really appreciated.

I cannot comment a lot about the texturize feature or the instability under multi core CPU on the spot, I need to look into this in more details, are you using version 3.01a of the Creator?

I will comment on your experience with our customer service and care. I definitely understand your frustration when an issue you submitted takes that much time to get resolved, however this seems to be due to the fact that reproducing your issue was not straight forward and as you know if an issue couldn't be reproduce by our technical team it can't be escalated to developers. So definitely we do not held customers wrong until they prove right.

Also I am sure you know that Technical Support and Customer Services are jobs where individuals work under constant stress and time pressure to be able to process all incoming requests to satisfaction which may lead in some cases to a delay of an issue resolution specially when the resolution involve not only customer service but also development and scheduling of adding a given feature ect...

Thank you again for your above comments I appreciate your honesty.

For all forum users: I am waiting for your comments on version 3 compared to previous versions. Good and bad comments are welcome.

Joanna