How to integrate Doc Converter Developer to our application?

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
dprevin

How to integrate Doc Converter Developer to our application?

Post by dprevin »

Hello,

We have application that can do drawing and printing, say called this as software A. This A software also can save the document (drawing) to a file (our own format) with extension ".aaa".

Then I create another small application using C# and when user click a button, it will automatically convert this ".aaa" to a PDF (and TIFF later) file.

I have tried using this code (from your sample as well) with no joy:

Code: Select all

const string PDFPrinter = @"Amyuni Document Converter";
const int NoPrompt = 1;
const int UseFileName = 2;
const string strLicencee = "Converter Evaluation Developer";
const string strCode ="...492E";

CDIntfEx.CDIntfExClass cdi = new CDIntfEx.CDIntfExClass();
string filepath = @"c:\test.aaa";
int j = cdi.DriverInit(PDFPrinter);
cdi.DefaultFileName = @"c:\test.pdf";
cdi.FileNameOptionsEx = NoPrompt + UseFileName;
bool bSet = cdi.SetDefaultPrinter();
int k = cdi.EnablePrinter(strLicencee, strCode);
cdi.BatchConvert(filepath);
cdi.RestoreDefaultPrinter();
cdi.FileNameOptions = 0;
cdi.DriverEnd();
I can see when this code run, it will spawn the A software in the background, but no PDF file produced and the A process doesn't return to the callee.

How do I make this working? Please kindly help us since we eager to buy your software.

Another thing, does the doc converter also support converting to continuous TIFF format?

Regards,
Desmond Previn
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The Document Converter supports converting to Tiff format. Starting version 3, instead of the Document Converter you can use PDF Suite that also enables you to convert your documents to Tiff as well as PDF and some other formats (RTF, HTML, JPeg, Excel and XPS).

For your code, before clalling BatchConvert, please check taht the PDF Printer is actually the default printer on your system.

Please tell me what is the actual filepath you are sending as parameter to BatchConverter().

Thanks,
Joanna
dprevin

Post by dprevin »

Hi Joanna,

Yes, the PDF printer is the default printer.

The actual filepath is :

Code: Select all

string filepath = @"C:\ZGEOLOGIX\Playground\PDF TESTER\PDFTester\1.odf";
Thanks,

Desmond
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Is this an actual directory on your system?
C:\ZGEOLOGIX\Playground\PDF TESTER\PDFTester\

Please note that the PDF Converter will create the PDF file but not the folder to which you want to save the files.

In your below code you have odf as file extension, i guess this is a type, it should be pdf.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Joan on Wed Jul 18 2007, edited 1 time in total.
dprevin

Post by dprevin »

Hello,

The C:\ZGEOLOGIX\Playground\PDF TESTER\PDFTester\ is the actual directory on my system, and exists.

In my code, the extension ODF is the one that I want to convert to PDF and not a typo.

This is still not solving my problem.

Thanks,

Desmond
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Our BatchConvert() function basically mimics the Window's API ShellExecute() function. Based on the file extension of the document you are trying to print, the function tries to open the associated application and prints to the default printer. I suspect that on your system the .aaa file extension may not be associated to an application and therefore the batchconvert() function is not returning.

Hope this helps?