3.0 Install problems.

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
kschmidt

3.0 Install problems.

Post by kschmidt »

We are getting error codes when running the install.exe in the new 3.0 version. The code is different between XP and Vista, but neither of them are working properly. Here are the errors:

In XP:
Installing Amyuni PDF printer
Error Code: 1114
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printer setup failed
Error Code: 1114
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

In Vista:
Installing Amyuni PDF printer
Error Code: 1003
Cannot complete this function.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printer setup failed
Error Code: 1003
Cannot complete this function.

Can you tell me what those error codes mean, and how to get around them?
Thanks,
-Kyle
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I tried running Install.exe and i didn't get the error messages you are mentioning.

Please make sure that you are logging in to the system as Administrator and that you are launching Install.exe from a folder contaning all the DLLs of the PDF Converter.

Hope this helps.
kschmidt

Post by kschmidt »

The dlls and exe are in the same folder during the install. The install is being run as administrator for both xp and Vista, and the admin UAC token is being passed on to the install.exe during the install process, so that should be ok.

I rolled all of the dlls and install.exe back to the previous version (2.5) and it works, so the problem is with something that changed in 3.0.

Could you tell me what error code 1114 and 1003 mean in your code so I can look more on my side to see if I can work around the problems?