"Evalutation period has expired" when testing PDF-

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
sir_hel

"Evalutation period has expired" when testing PDF-

Post by sir_hel »

Having used PDF-Converter 2.10 in our application we want to upgrade now for being VISTA ready. For testing I downloaded the "Evaluation Version Developer Pro 3.0".

After installing (on Windowx XP) and starting our application I get a window saying "Your 30-Day evalution period has expired - Visit Amyuni.com to purchase today".

After that message I could make one testprint. The expiration window cannot be closed and has to be killed with taskmanager! All further starts of the application produce the same window with no possibility to print.

Before buying we would like to test version 3.0 (did that already with version 2.51, worked great with XP but had problems with Vista).

Any ideas what's going wrong?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The evaluation version is supposed to last for 30-days.

Please tell us when precisely you are getting the "Evaluation Period Has expired" message.

Also please note you can remove the messge from the screen by pressing Enter or Esc keys you don't need to kill it from the task manager.

Regards,
sir_hel

Post by sir_hel »

Thank your for the hint. Pressing Esc / Enter solved the problem.

Nevertheless I got the message immediately after installing PDF-Converter 3.0.

The message displays now after calling DriverInit and EnablePrinter but that's not a big thing, for testing purposes it's ok.

Regards,
Helmut Schierer
jocken

Post by jocken »

I recieved this same notification after installing version 3.0 evaluation, has there been any progress on this?
sir_hel

Post by sir_hel »

jocken wrote:I recieved this same notification after installing version 3.0 evaluation, has there been any progress on this?
No, not on my side. May be it has to do with the fact that I tested the evaluation version 2.51 before?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I tried the evaluation myself, i noticed that the message 'Evaluation Period has expired' is fired in two cases:
1 - If the evaluation date effectively expired: i.e after 30 days from your installation
2 - If PDF files are post processed: i.e if you try to open a pdf file and encrypt it or linearize it by example.

Case 1 is normal, case 2 may not be normal, i am checking it with our developers.

If you receiving this message in other situations than the mentioned above please let us me know.
sir_hel

Post by sir_hel »

Case 1: Doesn't apply to me because I received the message first time immediately after installing the printer.

Case 2: After producing the file I'm sometimes mailing it (not with amyuni functionality) inside the application but I get the message immediately after DriverInit and EnablePrinter long time before having even printed one page. So case 2 also shouldn't apply.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Did you make any changes to your date/time settings after installing the PDF Converter?
sir_hel

Post by sir_hel »

Joan wrote:Did you make any changes to your date/time settings after installing the PDF Converter?
No, not really. Maybe time was corrected a few seconds when starting the system next time.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

We are currently fixing an issue related to the activation code, i believe the fix will help in your case.

Please check online for our new build at the end of next week.
sir_hel

Post by sir_hel »

Hello,
I have downloaded the last available build yesterday, installed the testversion and I don't get the message "Your 30-Day evalution period has expired - Visit Amyuni.com to purchase today" anymore. That's fine!

BUT, now I get "Printer not activated, error code -20"!!!

Before installing the new version I have uninstalled all old printers belonging to amyuni, removed all files belonging to amyuni from the disk, have cleaned the registry and also checked the licencekey.

EnablePrinter() seems to be fine (returncode = 1). Error occurs when calling StartDoc() immediately after EnablePrinter.

Any hints, what could be wrong now? Is the generated licencekey in install.ini ok? It is the same I had when dowloading the previous build?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please make sure you are copying the new licensee and activation code from the new Install.ini file that got created on your system.

If you are still getting the activation code message please let me know.
sir_hel

Post by sir_hel »

Hello,
I have now checked everything as you requested and the license-information I use is the same as in Install.ini.
I have also checked the entries in the registriy and found the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\"Printername"
+ DsDriver
++ ...
+ DsSpooler
++ ...
+ PrinterDriverData
++ Code -> with the correct code
++ License -> with the correct licenseinfo

These settings I have twice, with different "printername" as we need two PDF-Printers with different names.

I still get error code -20.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The “error code -20” is typically generated when the PDF Converter is unable to correctly read the registry (permissions issue) or the licensing information is not correct (does not seem like your case).

Can you verify your situation by running your application with admin privileges?
sir_hel

Post by sir_hel »

Hello,
I did all the tests with admin privileges!

Further tests (on 2 different win-xp-pc's) have shown more strange details:
+ deinstalled all amyuni-drivers
+ deleted all related files in windows\system32 and subdirs
+ installed version 2.10c (two printers with different names)
+ everything works fine
+ deleted both printers wiht printer - delete (as some users probably would do)
+ no files in windows\systsem32 and subdirs have been deleted now!!
+ installed version 3.0 (two printers with different names)
+ now if get errorcode -30 (timeout) instead of -20 as before!?