VFP9 and PDF-Converter Version 2.08a Pro

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
Tiger

VFP9 and PDF-Converter Version 2.08a Pro

Post by Tiger »

Hello,

I have a very strange problem using the PDF-Converter Version 2.08a Pro on my WinXP(SP2) machine. When I print a report with VFP9 (SP1) to PDF, the PDF ist very huge in size and no fonts in the PDF-File are embedded. This also happens, when "set engine behavior" is set to 70 or 80. If I run the same PRG with VFP7 on the same machine, the PDF ist OK.

If I run the same PRG with VFP9 (SP1) on my notebook with WinXP(SP2) all is OK.

What can be wrong?

Best wishes

Tiger
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

This is really weird ! ! :!:

From your above message I can tell that you have the same configuration on the laptop and on the PC: Windows XP (SP2) + VFP (SP1) + PDF Converter 2.08a right?

On the PC you are getting large pdfs with no font embedded and on the laptop you are getting good pdfs using exactly the same settings. Right?

There must be something different between the PC and the laptpop.

IN VFP 9 if you set the settings to 90 the file is printed as imageand in this case it is normal to have a larger pdf with no fonts embeded, mabye the report is still the 90 parameter stored in memory even when you change the settings to 80.
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Hello,

after a lot of testing I have more interesting news. I can reproduce the problem with the huge size of pdf files. It happens (normally) only with reports in "PORTRAIT" format, not so in "LANDSCAPE". When in the "EXPR" field the value for "ORIENTATION" is set to 0, I get large pdfs.

But, there is also an interesting case with reports in "LANDSCAPE" format. If I set the "Printing area" to "Whole page" and "Left margin" to "1 cm", then I get also large pdfs.

So, what can I do?

Best wishes
Tiger
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Did you try our latest version 2.51 in the same senario?