MultilingualSupport breaks ReachTextEx

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
JasonR

MultilingualSupport breaks ReachTextEx

Post by JasonR »

Some special characters were not be created with printing via converter 2.50. So i turned on MultilingualSupport in the filenameoptionsex:

FileNameOptionsEx:= NoPrompt+EmbedFonts+AddIdNumber+EmbedStandardFonts+EmbedSimulatedFonts+EmbedLicensedFonts+MultilingualSupport;

This solved the special characters issue, however now the following code breaks:

pdf1 := TPDFCreactiveX.Create(self);
pdf1.Open(pdfname,'');
obj:=pdf1.ReachTextEx(1,'to:','',0,0,0);
if obj = '' then
toName:=''
else
toName:=Trim(Copy(pdf1.ObjectAttribute[obj,'Text'],4,length(pdf1.ObjectAttribute[obj,'Text'])-3));

Lets say i'm in notepad and i have the following text which i'm trying to print:

to: jasonr

now, after the above code is run the value in toName will contain: '+).^&-'

If i turn off multilingualsupport, then the above code works and when run, really contains the real text say: 'Jasonr'

it seems like multilingualsupport breaks pdf1.ObjectAttribute[obj,'Text']

Any suggestings are warmly welcome. Thanks
JasonR

Joan.. HELP

Post by JasonR »

i really need an answer..
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Jason,

The current version of the PDF Creator doesn't support Unicode characters, but if you are using ASCII characters you shouldn't get any problem.

I tried to open Notepad, wrote "Jasonr" in a file and print it to the PDF Converter printer while enabling Multilanguage support and Embedd Fonts options (I didn't add the Embed Standard fonts, licensed fonts and Simulated Fonts, this is not really needed to enable Multilanguage).

I was able to open the generated pdf file properly using the PDF Creator and searched for 'Jason' without any problems.

I am using the End User version of the Converter and the Creator.

If you are still facing problems please give me more details to be able to reproduce this same issue here.

Thanks.
JasonR

Post by JasonR »

If I call the following code in delphi, the values of toName and fax will be something like "+1,()3.4"

Keep in mind this only happens when I add multilang support (128) to fileoptionsex. If I take that off, the search works, but special characters get replaced with weird characters.. If I put multilang support on pdf1.ObjectAttribute[obj,'Text']; returns garbage. Please help ASAP…

pdf1 := TPDFCreactiveX.Create(self);
pdf1.Open(pdfname,'');
obj:=pdf1.ReachTextEx(1,'To:','',0,0,0);
if obj = '' then
toName:=''
else
toName:=pdf1.ObjectAttribute[obj,'Text'];
obj:=pdf1.ReachTextEx(1,'Fax:','',0,0,0);
if obj = '' then
fax:=''
else
fax:=pdf1.ObjectAttribute[obj,'Text'];

I sent a sample file to support@amyuni.com.
JasonR

Post by JasonR »

"I was able to open the generated pdf file properly using the PDF Creator and searched for 'Jason' without any problems. "

I too can search for text in PDF creator, without problems.. but when i look at the "Text" attribute (click the object-->right click-->properties-->select text attribute) it contains garbage.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

As I mentioned, multilingual support is not fully supported by the PDF Creator because unicode characters are not supported by the current version of the PDF Creator.

As you sent a sample to our Support Team, they will check it and get back to you.

Are you using our latest version 2.0 of the PDF Creator?

Thanks.