Start page numbers with different number?

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
twitort

Start page numbers with different number?

Post by twitort »

The SetPageNumbering method on IacDocument does not appear to have a way to number the pages starting on a specific page with a specific starting number. For example, given a 5 page PDF document, I cannot apply page numbers starting on the first page with the first page number being 27 - resulting in the 5 pages being numbered 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. My application produces several PDFs the page numbers of which must follow one after the other. For example, I might produce three PDF files and the first one's pages should be numbered 1 to 18, the next 19 to 33, and the final one 34 to 44.

Is there any way to do this with the SetPageNumbering method or do I need to manually step through the pages and create text objects with the desired page number?
twitort

Re: Start page numbers with different number?

Post by twitort »

I decided to implement my own page numbering function since the native function does not have this flexibility.