There are generally no temporary files created when printing documents to PDF Converter in order to generate PDF files. There are however certain exceptions which you should be aware of:
1. When the output file name specified by the developer or user contains a comma character. This specific character creates issues with the print spooler so PDF Converter creates a temporary file in the %temp% folder. When printing is finished the temporary file is moved to the final location.
2. When PDF Converter is configured to send the resulting file by email, a temporary file is created and this temporary file is emailed and then deleted.
3. When PDF Converter is configured to generate files in RTF or HTML format rather than PDF format.
4. When PDF Converter is configured to preview the PDF file before it is saved to its final destination. This is the preview option that is in the Destination tab and not the main Configuration tab (the latter will not create a temporary file.)
5. When PDF Converter is configured to Append the resulting file to an existing file, a temporary file with the extension .cat is created in the destination folder, this file is appended and then deleted.