Activation Error -30

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
GHughes

Activation Error -30

Post by GHughes »

So, after adding some codelines and a crystalreport (just like u had in the tn09a), I finally got it working - nearly.

The steps I did to get "this" far:

1.) Install the printer via install.exe
2.) Register the dll into my system via regsvr32
3.) Enter the Licensee + the LicCode into the Printers "About" Page in Windows
4.) Changed the LicCode + Licensee in the used Declaration.cs Class

Here is my Code, for the "Print" Button on my WinForm:

Code: Select all

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            cdiNet = new CDIntf.CDIntfControl();

cdiNet.DriverInit(Declarations.PrinterName);
            cdiNet.EnablePrinter(Declarations.LicensedTo, Declarations.ActivationCode);

cdiNet.FileNameOptions = Declarations.NoPrompt;
            cdiNet.DefaultFileName = outputNet;

CrystalReport2 report = new CrystalReport2();
            report.PrintOptions.PrinterName = Declarations.PrinterName;
            report.PrintToPrinter(1, false, 0, 0);
            cdiNet.FileNameOptions = 0;
        }
I get this Error shown in a MessageBox after clicking on Print "Activation Error - printer not activated, -30".
& this Error after I click OK "Win32Exception was not treated - Device not ready"@ line:

Code: Select all

report.PrintToPrinter(1, false, 0, 0);

Any help would be awesome...as I feel, that I am losing my mind.

Thanx for the Effort.
Greets,
GHughes
Rich

Re: Activation Error -30

Post by Rich »

We need to establish that the printer was indeed installed correctly by going to where you inputted the Licensee + the LicCode on Printers "About" Page. Does it show "Licensed to Amyuni Technologies Evaluation" or something similiar or does it say "License to N/A"?

Within Visual Studio 2010 are you referencing the correct DLL?

What are the Licensee + LicCode values that you are using?
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
GHughes

Post by GHughes »

Thankx for replying to my problem, Rich.

The "About" Page of the installed Amyuni Document Converter shows its Version "4.5.2.1", as well as "Licensed to "myCompanyName"".
As for referencing to the correct DLL in VS 2010, I have already tried a variation of DLLs - some Downloaded from your Site and some we already had inside our own infrastructure and VS 2010 isnt showing me anything odd about the DLLs in the "Solution Explorer".

How am I suppost to tell you, which Licensee + LicCode values we are using? Shall I send u a PM?

Thanks for helping!

Greets,
GHughes
Rich

Post by Rich »

You will need to install the printer 4.5.2.1. Contained in the Amyuni distributable folder you should launch the install.exe to install the Amyuni PDF printer.

What is suggested when you use NoPrompt is to also use UseFileName. I have referenced a webpage from our Resources | Documentation:
http://amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_Docume ... ionsEx.htm

The Output file name should use the full path and not just the file name.

Hope this helps.
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com