TN09a: Running Sample

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
aroncox

TN09a: Running Sample

Post by aroncox »

I have downloaded and installed (as far as I can tell) all the sample Amyuni applications (Creator, Converter, Suite), and now I have downloaded Tech Note TN09a: Using the Amyuni PDF Converter with Microsoft C#. I have opened and converted this to .NET 3.5 in Visual Studio 2008, and everything looks good. There are references to CDIntfEx and CDIntfNet400 which appear to point to valid dlls, the first is marked as an ActiveX the second a .NET assembly.

However when I try to run the sample application, I get the first screen allowing me to choose .NET Assembly, but anything I click on on the next screen fails, usually with a Object reference not set to an instance of an object error on this line:

cdiNet.DriverInit(Declarations.PrinterName);

And at this pint cdiNet is null (this is in the Initialize method).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Or can anyone point me to a very simple C# program that does just one thing, as that would be an ideal place to start.

Thanks!
aroncox

Re: TN09a: Running Sample

Post by aroncox »

Hmm, don't know if this the right answer or not, but I finally got it working by afdding this line of code just above the one that was failing in my last post:

cdiNet = new CDIntf.CDIntfControl();

Either the code was never tested, or I'm missing something fundamental!

Thanks,

Aron.