Does Amyuni have a PDF-MRC setting or similar?

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
ShaunW

Does Amyuni have a PDF-MRC setting or similar?

Post by ShaunW »

I currently use Paperport from Nuance to scan, ocr and save as pdf files all my documents. In their settings, there is an option to save the pdf as a PDF-MRC searchable file. For a particular example, when doing this produces a colour document that is approx 200kb.

For various reasons I am trying to switch to Lucion Filecenter to do the same job. I believe they use/license Amyuni pdf software to create the pdf files, hence why I'm here.

When that software does the exact same thing as paperport, there is no option to save as PDF-MRC file, only a "normal" pdf. This makes the same document as described above 6.8Mb! A massive difference.

My question is this, does the amyuni software support saving pdf files using the mrc compression method? Is this feature even part of the software? I will be getting in contact with Lucion to ask for this feature, but there's no point in doing that if there's no possibility that they can implement it!

I hope this makes sense and I have included all relevant information. Thank you for your time and any help you may be able to give.
link3

Re: Does Amyuni have a PDF-MRC setting or similar?

Post by link3 »

Mmm sorry I was sent someone else's user id accidentally and I didn't read the email fully, this question is actually from me and not ShaunW!

Any help is appreciated though!
link3

Re: Does Amyuni have a PDF-MRC setting or similar?

Post by link3 »

Anyone shed any light on this? I would appreciate it.