PDF Converter Windows 2008 x64

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
sebastien

PDF Converter Windows 2008 x64

Post by sebastien »

Hello,
I am evaluating the Amyuni PDF Converter in order to use it in our software developped in Powerbuilder 11.2.
On a french Windows 2008 Server (access with Remote Desktop), I cannot print on the PDF Converter printer, if I am logged as a simple user.
If I log as Administrator, I can print with no problem.
Licensing is OK (I don't get the "Printer not activated error"), but my print() function always returns an error.
NB. I have already posted this case in the PowerBuilder community forum, but I got no answer. I am not sure it's a powerbuilder error, so I post here.
I desperatly need an alternative to the buggy sourceforge PDF Creator we are using today, but I am afraid that Amyuni PDF converter is not the solution, since I am stuck with this problem.
Any help ?
Thanks, Sebastien
MGR

Re: PDF Converter Windows 2008 x64

Post by MGR »

Hi, it's the same issue as this:

http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2619

workaround here: http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2601

actually it affects all non-english Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 both 32 bit and 64 bit.

The problem is basically that the Amyuni installer does not set permissions properly on the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG printer folder. It only sets the permissions on English OSes.

I had to write my own permissions handler as you can see from the other thread above.

I don't think Amyuni will address this issue unless you contact them via their support. As it's been posted here multiple times.
sebastien

Post by sebastien »

Hi MGR,
thank you for your reply, but unfortunately I have already granted permissions on the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\my pdf printer folder (If I don't do this, I actually get a "printer not activated" error).
I think there is another permission to set elsewhere, but where ???
Regards,
Sebastien
dmurillo

Post by dmurillo »

Hi Sebastien,

You may be able to find the "where" by using Process Monitor.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysi ... 96645.aspx

HTH
sebastien

Post by sebastien »

Hi dmurillo,
thank you for your advice.
I tried to use Process Monitor.
It gave me a few ACCESS DENIED on HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\0001\Software, and on HKLM\SOFTWARE\LicCv Evaluation Version Developer Pro.
I gave the modify rights to "Users", so now I don't have ACCESS DENIED results anymore in process monitor.
But unfortunately it still doesn't print... :?
Regards, Sebastien
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Your situation is occurring because you are using the evaluation version of the PDF Converter and logged into the PC with non-admin privileges.

In order to resolve your issue, you will need to login to the PC with admin credentials.

This situation will not occur when you use the PDF Converter with a non evaluation license key.

Thanks
Jose
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite