problem with setPaperSize / getPaperSize

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
sabbadin

problem with setPaperSize / getPaperSize

Post by sabbadin »

Using cdintf300.dll ver 3.0.3.0 of 10 novembeer 2008.

Hi I'm having the following problem: on some computers (seems W2003 only) A4 documents are converted as PDF in LetterFormat.
Documentation says that the default paper size is either Letter or A4
depending on the country where the product is used.
What does it mean "country" ? the OS language ? can it be changed on a per user basis ?

I tried using setPaperSize but it has never effect unless i then call SetDEfaultConfig
(but this does set the amyuni printer as the default one as well :( .. can't this be avoided ? )

Additionally calling getpapersize and setpapersize always return garbage numbers as return code.

thank you for your suport
best regards
enrico sabbadin
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: problem with setPaperSize / getPaperSize

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please try our latest version 3.03e.

SetDefaultConfig() only sets the configuration as default for the printer. If you are calling SetDefaultPrinter() as well the printer itself will be set as default on the system.

For the paper size, depending on the windows installation Letter or A4 are the default paper size.

Hope this helps.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
sabbadin

Re: problem with setPaperSize / getPaperSize

Post by sabbadin »

i call SetDefaultConfig (Actually SetDefaultConfig Ex) NOT setdefaultprinter .. still the effect is to set the amyuni printer as the default one ..

What do you mean with "windows instalaltion" ? OS version (XP/W2003) , OS language ? .. for what i have ssen on XP it defaults to A4, on W2003 defaults to Letter .. apparently the OS "basic" language has no influence .. and .. is there a way to control this default via regional settigns options or similar ?

thank you