Printing PDF has intermitent error under load

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
daboon

Printing PDF has intermitent error under load

Post by daboon »

I have been using PrintPDFDocument directly from cdintf300.dll to print PDF files. This works great as long as there is a delay between prints. But I have found that if I send requests quickly (in a loop for example) it will fail intermittently. Even a loop that only prints twice can fail. A loop count of 10 is lucky to print half of the documents. These are relatively small (2 page) PDF files.

As a workaround I tried to use the DocOpen/DocPrint/DocClose functions instead to see if they have the same problem. They do, but it is the DocOpen that actually fails with an error code of -1020. The header files with the DLL do not outline any error codes so I have no idea what this code means. And the GetLastErrorMsg function says that "The operation completed successfully".

Does anyone have a list of the possible error codes? Or at least know what this error code means?
Darren Boon
Software Developer
Renaissance Learning Inc.