Problems printing web pages

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
ColinParker

Problems printing web pages

Post by ColinParker »

Using 2.1 (Pro Developer demo version).
Web pages containing checkboxes or radio buttons - these controls appear as squares instead of their true appearance (even when EmbedFonts is enabled).

The resulting PDF file for quite a few web pages is not readable in Acrobat 5 - the error message 'Insufficient data for an image' is displayed. The file is OK in PDF Creator.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The square controls issue typically happens when the HTML file is being previewed with Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher and printed to the PDF Converter. You will notice that this is the same if you print your HTML file to a hardware printer.

I am not sure why you are getting "Insufficient data for an image" but an issue that generated this message was recently resolved. You should download an updated demo version.

Thanks
ColinParker

Post by ColinParker »

I AM using IE 6, but not printing from a print preview but directly using File... Print
If I do this (or from Print Preview) directly to my Lexmark Optra S printer, it's fine. It's also fine when I print to Acrobat Distiller (although there is a black spot in the image which shouldn't be there - I also see this spot when using Converter).
I am using v2.1b of the converter.

The page I'm testing this with is www.google.co.uk
ColinParker

Post by ColinParker »

Have you any news on this problem (have you tried printing this web page)?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

This situation has been resolved with our latest release of the PDF Converter ver 2.08d. Please contact support@amyuni.com and we will send you link to where you can download this update.

Thanks
ColinParker

Post by ColinParker »

Isn't 2.08d a backward step from 2.10?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

Jose meant to say 2.10d

Please contact support@amyuni.com so we can send you a link to download the update.

Thanks.