File versions in 3.0 seem wrong.

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
kschmidt

File versions in 3.0 seem wrong.

Post by kschmidt »

Hi,
We got the new 3.0 version of the PDF Converter printer drivers and installed them. In 2.5 you had two files acfpdfuiia64.dll and acfpdfuia64.dll for the intel 64 bit processors with product version 2.50 file version 0.3.0.2506, and when I installed the 3.0 version I didn't get updates to those files. It looks like the installer also has the same versions of those for 3.0. I wanted to know if this was expected and not something I should worry about, or was a bug? Note the product version in the file is set to 2.50f.

Also I noticed the old file versions for the dlls in general were 0.3.0.2506 for version 2.5 of the driver, and the new dll file versions are 0.3.0.300 for the 3.0 version. This causes problems with our installer because it uses the file versions to determine if it needs to replace the file. The installer thinks the 2506 is greater than 300, and decides it doesn't need to do anything. We are changing the versions on our side to be 3000 so it will work correctly but you might want to look at changing those version strings on your end for those of us wrapping the install process with merge modules.

Thanks,
-Kyle
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I will forward your message to our developers.

Thanks.