Auto installation

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
makina

Auto installation

Post by makina »

Hi
I'm using visual6 with MFC
I know how to implement a conversion from excel to PDF using the dll.
My problem is that I need to install Amyuni before being able to make a conversion.
Is there any dll to make the minimum installation from my program ?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

To install the PDF Converter you can either call PDFDriverInit() followed by DriverInit() programmatically when launching you application or run Install.exe once before running your application for the first time. (in this case you call only DriverInit in your application no need for PDFDriverInit).

Hope this helps.
makina

Runtime error

Post by makina »

When I make this I have a runtime error :(
If I install amyuni first I have no problem
Do you have a sample code I could execute on a computer where amyuni was never installed ?
which files have to be in the folder when I use pdfdriverinit ?
I'm looking for the slimmest package
thank you in advance for your help
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Makina,

You will find all the needed details on pages 6-7 of our Developers' manual "Common Driver Interface 250.pdf that you received with the product", the needed files depend on the operating system on which you want to install you application.

We can send you a sample batch file that installs the printer If you wish a sample code to include in your own application you can call the following:

pdf.PDFDriverInit("My PDF Printer") //This will install a printer called My PDF Printer on the system, user calling this function should have Administrative rights on the system.
pdf.EnablePrinter(Licensee, ActivationCode) //Licensee and Activation Code are the values you received when purchasing the product or you can use the values of the evaluation version, you can find them in install.ini
pdf.EnablePrinter("My PDF Printer") // attach to the installed printer and prvent the printer from being removed from the system when closing your application.

Hope this helps.