sendtocreator help

If you are a Delphi developer and have any questions about using our products from Delphi here is the place to post them.
hotfudge

sendtocreator help

Post by hotfudge »

Hello,
I'm very happy to find this Delphi-specific forum here, well done on setting it up! ;)

I just started using Delphi to integrate Amyuni into a client's web applications. It's quick and easy to define and control the pdf creation to a disk file.

I believe that a capability exists such that I can bypass the need to create the diskfile and actually return the pdf stream as response in an isapi dll - nothing complicated there except I can't see how to access the completed pdf stream.

I see a constant that looks promising Sendtocreator = 2000000;
and I guess I should go on to do
SetFileNameOptions(pdf,NoPrompt+sendtocreator);

I believe there is some pageprocessor but I'm not sure if this is related, in fact I'm stumped with this final piece.

So, I'm asking first "is this clear" ;) and second "how do I do that"?

a few line code fragment would really help me take this project to a done.
how do I get at that pdf stream?

thankyou
Craig
hotfudge

Clarification

Post by hotfudge »

I'm going to follow-up on my post here because I didn't think I was too clear.

Basically what I'm looking to achieve is to have a web application return a PDF file as content from a report without first creating it physically on disk.

I know I could do the usual print to file, and then return the pdf as content that way but I believe the mechanism to capture internally the stream is possible (source: amyuni tech support) and I would like to implment that.

Clearer? Any solution? I'd love to see a small delphi fragment for how I access that stream.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Yes, I guess that what you are asking for can be done using the PDF Converter.

Did you check pages 141-142 of the Developers' manual "Common Driver Interface 210.pdf" ? You will find a VB sample there on page processing.

Unfotunately, this feature is still new and we don't yet have a Delphi sample on using it.
If you wish please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com and they will send you the VB sample application to check it.

Let us know if this helps 8)
hotfudge

Post by hotfudge »

Thanks.
Your colleague Jose was a big help. I had downloaded pdf_conv_210.zip on apr 14 and the pdf didn't have those pages. Downloading the new version (curiously also called pdf_conv_210.zip) I find a new pdf with that information, I see it was updated on apr15. It looks promising. Jose has sent me the VB sample.

If anybody has converted that c example to delphi, I'd love to see it otherwise I'll do my best to get through it. I wear many hats but unfortunately c isn't one of them

rgds
Craig
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

If nobody had converted this sample to Delphi maybe you can post yours here when it is done.

Good Luck 8)