MS 2000 TS Server - can't create PDF's without admin rights.

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Spektra

MS 2000 TS Server - can't create PDF's without admin rights.

Post by Spektra »

I'am using a Microsoft Win2000 Terminal Server. I've installed the PDF Converter Printer using the administrator account. Now it just works with the administrators account.

When I change the users right up to administrator it works too. I don't want to give all users administrator rights. How can I create PDFs with any user account who hasn't administrator rights?

I've seen the post from Mon Oct 14 2002 but I cannot understand what the reason is meaning.

Thanks for your help!

Spektra
juekoe

we have the same problem on a win2000 root server on the web

Post by juekoe »

we have installed an cgi-programm on a win2000 root server and the pdf converter for returning the pdf-output to the user. Works fine when the user is the administrator, otherwise the driver cannot right the output. The directory for the files has all read/write-permissions.

ciao
Jürgen
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The PDF Converter should work find on servers if the printer is installed using Install.exe and if you are NOT calling PDFDriverInit in your application. If you are, please replace it by DriverInit.

If you have an older version of the driver please try to update it.

Thanks.
Gerhard

Post by Gerhard »

Hello,
we have the same problem. Printer installed with INSTALL - Init with DriverInit.

Error Message is: (translated from German:)
While printing the document .......... to PDF: an error ocured. REPEAT / CANCEL.

With admin rights there is no problem.
Thanks for help.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Which version of the PDF Converter are you using?
Gerhard

Post by Gerhard »

The Version of PDF Converter is 2.08a !!!
Joan wrote:Which version of the PDF Converter are you using?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

Please update your version by downloading the latest 2.08x release from: http://www.amyuni.com/en/support/updates.html

After installing the new version please reboot your system and run your application again. This may help.

Have a nice day!