Random error code -30 in Citrix

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Cusqueno

Random error code -30 in Citrix

Post by Cusqueno »

I'm not a developer, but we are using a product named WorkShare Protect that includes a PDF conversion feature based on a print driver named Amyuni Document Converter 2.50.

Very randomly our users print a document in Microsoft word and receive the message "Printer not activated, error code -30". The weird thing is at the time they are not printing to the Workshare printer, they are sending the print job to an HP LaserJet 4000 or similar device. Once they click the OK button to close the prompt, the print job is then sent to the HP printer. The worst part is the text appears to be shrunk to about 25% of the original size.

I've read on these forums that the error message is normal if you are trying to send a job directly to the Amyuni printer without using the corresponding application. In fact, I can force the error to popup by selecting the Workshare PDF printer from the drop down list in Microsoft Word. However, when I do that manually, I only get the error and no actual print job is processed.

Has anyone seen similar symptoms with an Amyuni based product? I can't prove it, but my gut feeling tells me one user's Citrix session is using the Workshare PDF product which affects printers in another user's session. Unfortunately, the Workshare vendor has been less than helpful so far and Citrix support has no reported cases.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The "Printer not activated, error code -30" will be generated each time a user tries to access a developer version of the PDF Converter.

If your users are encountering this message from the MsWord, then I suspect that they have tried to print to the PDF Converter installed by WorkShare.

In reference to the "shrinking text", since the PDF Converter uses its own DLLs it can not affect the output of another printer.

Hope this helps?
Cusqueno

Post by Cusqueno »

Thanks very much for the reply. Yes, I confirmed that the "error code -30" message will appear every time that I purposefully select the Workshare PDF printer object when in Microsoft Word. However, my users swear they are not selecting that printer. The error is very sporadic so it's been difficult to track down. I did find this other thread that mentions you should use the per user version of your driver in a Citrix environment.

http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ght=citrix

Is there a way I can confirm our vendor's sofware installed the per user version? The file ACPDF250.DLL is reporting version 0.3.0.2501.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The version number doesn't tell if the version is per user settings or not. You need to check this your application provider.