Deployment info

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
cmorant

Deployment info

Post by cmorant »

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating an msi (installer) file.
For this I need to create an custom action to register the PDFprinter.
But when I use the 'installer.exe "Printer PDF" -u' the installer setup give me a message "The is a problem with... A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. .....".
The "install.log" is OK, the PDFprinter is ok.

What Am I doing wrong ?

Did anybody sucessfully create an msi package ?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You will need to call Install -u "Printer PDF" from the folder where the files of the PDF Converter u used to install this "Printer PDF" exist.

Hope this helps a little bit :)
cmorant

Post by cmorant »

Hi,

It doesn't help, sorry

My message was maybe a little unclear.
"install -s" is called by the microsoft installer but it seems that the return code from install.exe is 2 even when everything goes right. (When i posted the message I didn't know about this error code, I just knew the installer failed).
So the Microsoft installer fails reporting an error.

Do you have a list of exit codes from installer.exe ?
Is it normal that installer.exe returns 2 when no error occured ?

Thank you

Christian
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Error code 2 will mean that a file is missing. (I am looking it in the 'error look up' tool of Visual Studio).

If the printer get installed on the system you shouldn't get this error, or at least you can discregard it.

If you have problems running Install.exe please send the log file you get when running Installe.exe to support@amyuni.com

Thanks.