Errors using 2.5 Converter with Win98.

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
kschmidt

Errors using 2.5 Converter with Win98.

Post by kschmidt »

Hi,
Our company has integrated the developer version of Amyuni PDF Converter v.2.5 Pro into our app to allow our customers to print to PDFs. The driver is initialized on startup and enable is called just before printing begins. On XP and 2K, enable returns true and the user is prompted for the file name which gets written out correctly. One 98 and ME, the driver initializes ok, enable returns true, but calling StartDoc always returns false. GetLastError reports "The paramater is incorrect." I haven't done anything to set properties or paramaters on the printer, and I don't see a way to see the options that are set, so I can't compare the Win98 version to the WinXP version to know what needs to be set. What options need to be set programatically in 98 to get the printer driver to function? Is there any way to turn on some kind of verbose debugging mode that shows error messages from within the printer driver?

The documentation says there are no property pages for the developer version of the print driver, but if you select the printer from a CPrintDialog, the Properties button is not greyed out. Clicking it puts up a message box with error -30, then goes to a watered down property page that lets you set page dimensions, DPI, language, and page orientation. At the bottom of that page is a mysterious empty square button that puts up a license entry dialog when clicked. This doens't seem to do anything. I'd like to either allow our customers to edit all the printer driver properties a-la the non-devloper version, or have a way to prevent them from getting to the property page on that dialog (or at the very least, stop putting up the error -30 when they click the button).

Thank you,
-Kyle Schmidt
Ag Leader Technology, Inc.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello Kyle,

Can you send a code snippet of how you are printing to the PDF Converter under win98 to support@amyuni.com? I am unable to reproduce this situation.

In reference to your other question. The developer can configure the message and dialog box title the user receives by accessing the "Activation Error Title" and "Activation Error Text" properties through the "PrinterParamStr" functions. I have included below a vb code snippet which illustrates this.

In the case where you do not want the dialog box to get generated, you will just need to pass an empty string to these functions.

Ex:

PDF.PrinterParamStr("Activation Error Title") = ""
PDF.PrinterParamStr("Activation Error Text") = ""

Also since you are using the developer's version of the PDF Converter product, all printer configuration should be done from within your application.

Hope this helps?
kschmidt

Post by kschmidt »

Jose,

I have created a new VS.NET2003 C++ solution to reproduce the problem. I will write up some documentation and email the whole package to your support address.

Setting those param strings has gotten rid of the message box when the user clicks the properties button on the printer selection dialog. Thanks for those!

-Kyle