Error -1099 when trying to generate digitally signed PDF

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
NGERLOFF

Error -1099 when trying to generate digitally signed PDF

Post by NGERLOFF »

When trying to send a testpage to te Amyuni 2.5 eval printer, I succeed getting a PDF.
When enabling the digitally signed option in "Printsettings", I can simply select my valid certificate which I use for the VPN client as well.
But when printing a testpage and generating a PDF, I get an Error message:
"The document could not be signed.[-1099]"

Any help?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please clarify the issue you are facing.

You are not able to print a test page and sign it?

Did you try to print a Word document lets say while signing it?
NGERLOFF

Post by NGERLOFF »

Yes, that true.
Start-Settings-Printer-Amyuni PDF Converter-general-print testpage does lead to this error.
Using 2.5 just donwloaded; PC is rebooted, running XP SP2.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You must have installed the Developer version of the PDF Converter. This version doesn't have a user interface and all printing to it should be done programmatically from inside your application. For more information please check "Common Driver Interface 250.pdf" that you received with the driver.

If you wish to try the End User of the PDF Converter and to print to it directly from any application you need to unistall the current version, reboot your system and reinstall the Evaluation version you downloaded while being sure that the 'Developer License' is not selected during the installation.

Hope this helps.
NGERLOFF

Post by NGERLOFF »

Thanks for the reply.

I download the "PDF Converter" again,
uninstalled the old one,
rebooted,
installed the new one using the checkboxs like this:
[ ] Developer Version
[x] Professional Version

When printing a testpage w/o digital signature, I get a testpage.
When printing a testpage with digital signature, I get the mentioned error.

In other words: no changes :-(
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

If you are able to print a test page, than you have definitely installed the End User version.

If you are getting an error when trying to sign the document than it could be that the printer was not activated as Professional.

I would suggest that you Open Word, try to print a Word document, before printing click on 'Properties' and check that the Digital Signature Tab is there and that 'Digital Signature' is checked. Then print.

If you are still facing problems please contact support@amyuni.com

Thanks.