Error 1958 and Security

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
JonNelson

Error 1958 and Security

Post by JonNelson »

Hi,

I'm using Converter 2.50b to print standard VFP 6 reports.

The PDF is generated OK when logged in with Administrative rights. When a normal user is logged in I receive an error 1958 as soon as I issue:

REPORT form (qrepname) NOEJECT NOCONSOLE TO PRINTER

According to MSDN 1958 is:

"An internal call to the LoadLibrary( ) function has failed. Visual FoxPro calls this function through either PRTINFO( ) or SET PRINTER TO"

The driver was installed as administrator using INSTALL.EXE -s PrinterPDF.

Any suggestions?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Does the printer get removed from the system after closing your application?

If not, than the message you are getting is solely related to VFP, it could be that VFP doesn't not accept that normal users call the ToPrinter command, try to remove it from the "Report Form ..." statement.

Hope this helps.
JonNelson

Post by JonNelson »

The driver is installed once (using the Amyuni Install) under Administrative rights.

The problem seems to have gone away since the machine was re-booted... even though the installation didn't prompt to say a re-boot was required. It now works correctly when logged in as any user...

Thanks

Jon Nelson
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi John,

The installation doesn't necessarily require a reboot. I can't say however why precisely the reboot resolved this issue.

It is good that this issue is resolved in any case.