Digital Signature into PDF

If you are a Delphi developer and have any questions about using our products from Delphi here is the place to post them.
sedivyk

Digital Signature into PDF

Post by sedivyk »

Hi,

I have downloaded a demo of the PDFConverter and PDFCreator developer version. I have iinstalled both pdfcreactivex.dll and cdintf.dll type libraries. I want to test the Digital Signature but I can't seem to make it work. The procedure TPDFCreactiveX.DigitalSignature() return "Access is Denied" event though the opened PDF has no Security settings.

I also tried to use TDocument.DigitalSignature() but this gives a message saying "Digital Feature not available"

Here is my code using TPDFCreactiveX.DigitalSignature()

procedure TForm1.AmyuniSign;
var
ls_InputFile: string;
ls_OutputFile: string;
begin
ls_InputFile := 'C:\Develop\Documentation\Digital Signature\Test\Document1.pdf';
ls_OutputFile := 'C:\Develop\Documentation\Digital Signature\Test\Amyuni_Sample.pdf';

PDFCreactiveX1.Open(ls_InputFile, '');
PDFCreactiveX1.DigitalSignature('Danny Leblanc','Testing Amyuni', Seal.Text, 'Montreal,QC', 1, 72, 72, 3, 4, 8);
PDFCreactiveX1.Save(ls_OutputFile, acFileSaveDefault);
end;

Here is my code using TDocument.DigitalSignature()

var
begin
ls_InputFile := 'C:\Develop\Documentation\Digital Signature\Test\Document1.pdf';
ls_OutputFile := 'C:\Develop\Documentation\Digital Signature\Test\Amyuni_Sample.pdf';

Document1.Open(ls_InputFile);
Document1.DigitalSignature('Danny Leblanc','Testing Amyuni', Seal.Text, 'Montreal,QC', 1, 72, 72, 3, 4, 8);
Document1.Save(ls_OutputFile);
end;

What am I missing ?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

You are missing SetLicenseKey().

Please call SetLicenseKey with the LicenseTo and ActivationCode parameters before calling DigitalSignature.

You will find the evaluation LicenseTo and ActivationCode in the Install.ini file.

Hope this helps.
sedivyk

Post by sedivyk »

Well it helps but does not solve my problem. Many other things that did not work are now working. Unfurtunatly the digitalsignature still doesn't work.

var
begin

// As first parameter I put the Licensee value from the Install.ini file
// As second parameter I put the LicCode value from the Install.ini file
PDFCreactiveX1.SetLicenseKey(Licensee, LicCode );

PDFCreactiveX1.Open(ls_InputFile, '');

PDFCreactiveX1.DigitalSignature('Danny Leblanc','Testing Amyuni', Seal.Text, 'Montreal,QC', 1, 72, 72, 3, 4, 8);

PDFCreactiveX1.Save(ls_OutputFile, acFileSaveDefault);
end;

This code gives me an EOleException with message 'Not Implemented'
When I tried with TDocument.DigitalSignature it gave me an EOleException with message 'Digital Signature feature not available'

Thx
sedivyk

Post by sedivyk »

I have downloaded the "Document Converter Suite: Version de Demo", is that the Professional demo version ? Is the digital signature available in that version ?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

No this is not the Professional version.

On our site we have a demo of the standard version of the Document Converter.

When licensing the Document Converter however you can choose to add the Professional features.

If you wish to try the Digital Signature please downlaod a Professional demo version of the PDF Creator product.