Problems with Fields

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
DavidJarrett

Problems with Fields

Post by DavidJarrett »

I'm using 'Amyuni PDF Suite (Converter 2.10i-6 - Creator 1.50i)' and I'm having problems with Fields generated in Adobe Acrobat 5.

Find here a link to a sample PDF.

http://www.hygelac.org/download/0000.zip

The problem is that when I 'Open' this file in the Creative Viewer, I can't see any of the fields or the data in them. The Background and Foreground colours have all been set using adobe but your control seems to be ignoring these?

Any help would be welcomed.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello David,

I will forward your sample pdf document to our Engineers to check it.
DavidJarrett

Post by DavidJarrett »

Just to update you further, using the below code I'm able to add and view data in Field objects. However, this isn't an acceptable solution. I need a piece of software that will display a PDF as is displayed in Acrobat reader.

Acrobat reader fields in the sample PDF above are set with border colour, width and background colour already, yet the viewer is not correctly displaying this information as a default.
With Me.PDF1
'Change report state
.ReportState = acReportStateDesign

With .GetObjectByName("question:1")
.Attribute("Value") = "SOME DATA"
.Attribute("BackColor") = &HFFFFFF
.Attribute("TextColor") = &H0
.Attribute("BorderColor") = &H0
.Attribute("BorderWidth") = 1
.Attribute("Visible") = True
.Attribute("Editable") = False
End With

'Change report state
.ReportState = acReportStateRun
End With
DavidJarrett

Post by DavidJarrett »

Joan wrote:Hello David,

I will forward your sample pdf document to our Engineers to check it.
Thanks Joan, I'm trying to move our companies software products to Amyuni and this is a major barrier at present. So any help/resolution is greatly appreciated.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello David,

The file you post as sample is generated by Acrobat Distiller. In your above code it seems that you are creating the pdf files using the PDF Converter.

Are you having the same problem with files created by the PDF Converter than with files generated by Adobe Distiller?
DavidJarrett

Post by DavidJarrett »

Hi Joan sorry, I seem have confused things. The problem is this:

1. Generate a PDF with Adobe Distiller 5.0
2. Add some Field Objects using Adobe Acrobat 5.0
3. The the Border, and Background Colours of these Field Objects using Adobe Acrobat 5.0
4. Save the PDF.
5. Open the PDF using the Amyuni ActiveX Control

Problem: The properties of the Field object which where set using acrobat using Acrobat are not being displayed in the Amyuni viewer.

This problem is demonstrated by the sample PDF, if you open it with Amyuni you can't see the field objects, if you open it with Acrobat you can see the field objects

However, in the above code sample, if I manually reset the field's Border and Background colour properties in code then it now views ok in the Amyuni control.
DavidJarrett

Post by DavidJarrett »

Hello, I was wondering if you could give me an idea of when I'll get a response.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can't tell when precisely you will get a solution to this issue.

Our Developers are checking your document and checking wether this type of documents can be supported using our next version of the PDF Creator.

I will follow up with them on this issue.

Regards.
DavidJarrett

Post by DavidJarrett »

Thanks for the prompt response Joan.
DavidJarrett

Post by DavidJarrett »

Hi there Joan, I was wondering if you had much success with your follow-up?

It's now mid-february and though the problem is not urgent a response is probably going to determine the next phase of development on our product and whether we will continue to integrate with anything other than the Amyuni drivers.

Any extra information would be appreciated.

Regards
David Jarrett
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello David,

I am not sure if you are checking our site and find out about the new versions released lately.
We released the PDF Converter 2.0 and the PDF Creator 2.0.

Please feel free to try opening your document using the latest version of the Creator.

Hope this helps.