pdf creation error

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
bck

pdf creation error

Post by bck »

Hi there,
I am using PDF creator on a few windows xp machines. It gives and error on one of the machines when trying to create a pdf.
the error description contains:

Error-Nr: 52 (bad file name or number)
modul: frmMain
Procedure: Form_Load
Line: 5200

I assume this is a permission error but I am not sure how to go about rectifying it. I tried changing some of the Filename entries in English.ini and have ensured that the temporary directory is set properly for the user. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks in advance! :)
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The error message seems to indicate that your error occurs on line #5200. Can you elaborate on what you are doing on this line?

Thanks
bck

No line 52000

Post by bck »

Hi, sorry for the late reply, i have been rather busy lately.
The document is only about a page long so I assume this line error is being thrown within the code of the program. I

t is happening when trying to convert a word document to a pdf. the line number is actually 52000. sorry again :)

The dialog box gives the option to repeat command, next command, exit procedure or exit program. I can send a screenshot if it helps.

thanks for your help!!![/img]
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

It looks like you are actually using the PDF Converter and not PDF Creator product. The PDF Converter is our virtual printer driver which allows the user to print from an application installed on their systems.

If you are trying to print from MsWOrd then you will need to have our Single User edition of the product. This version will prompt you for a filename and file location when output is sent to it.

Also, if you received the PDF Converter as part of another application, you will not have the ability to create PDF documents from any other application than the one that installed the product.

Hope this helps?