Printer not ready (Converter dev/pro eval)

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
MaxMotovilov

Printer not ready (Converter dev/pro eval)

Post by MaxMotovilov »

Nothing would print to PDF Converter (applications, test page from printer properties etc.). My code gets back -1/21 (printer not ready) from StartDoc(). The COM interface seems to work properly (instantiate, call methods etc.); the evaluation code has been set using command-line install.

Interface used: Win32 printing + ActiveX to control parameters.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
...Max...
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

If you are using the Developer version of the PDF Converter than it is absolutely normal that you will not be able to print a test page or to print directly from any application.

The Developer version doesn't have a user interface and should be used only from inside your application.

Please note that before printing from inside your application you need to call EnablePrinter() while providing the Licensee code and Activation code you get when downloading the demo (you will find these in a file called install.ini on your system) to enable the printer.

Hope this helps.
MaxMotovilov

Post by MaxMotovilov »

Joan wrote: Please note that before printing from inside your application you need to call EnablePrinter() while providing the Licensee code and Activation code you get when downloading the demo
Thank you, Joan! Yes, it does help. It is unfortunate that a complete example of the sequence required to open a printer and print a document is not present in the documentation (or is it? I couldn't find one anyway).

I have to note that contrary to what documentation, you and technical support say, I did see an instance of the Amyuni Converter in the list of printers after installation of my evaluation copy of the developer version. The printer driver does have the specific property pages and otherwise behave like any other, except it doesn't want to print :) Moreover, when I run my (now working) test application, a copy of the printer with the name I specified in the code appears in the list of printers as well and can also be interacted with. Is this behavior preventable somehow?

Regards,
...Max...
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

If you open Word and try to print to the PDF Printer installed by the Developer version of the PDF Converter will you get the save as dialog box or will you get an error?

If you right click on the PDF Printer and choose Properties, what tabs will you see in the Properties page?