PDF Converter on Metaframe XP

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
bmathis

PDF Converter on Metaframe XP

Post by bmathis »

I am having a problem with V1.59b on a server running Metaframe XP on top of Windows 2000 TS.

I install the printer using install.exe while logged into the console as administrator. Everything is good.

The server is rebooted nightly - the next morning all users get "error loading printer driver" printing from my VFP6 application. The printer still appears to be there, but they cannot print to it. I have to login to the console as administrator and run the installation again.

I tried to make a batch file that runs the install.exe after the reboot as a scheduled task, but this does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
bmathis
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I need some more information to be able to help you:

In you VFP application are you calling PDFDriverInit or DriverInit?

Which version of the PDF Converter are you using: Developer, End User,...

Thanks
bmathis

Post by bmathis »

I am using the developer version.

The code is actually calling BOTH methods...PDFDriverInit first and then DriverInit. I can remember why we did this, but seems to be working.

Thanks,
bmathis
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

I am not sure if you mean by "this is working" that you are not having problems anymore while rebooting.

If you do still have problems please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com

Thanks