Installing demo PDF Converter - Error Code: 5 Access denied

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
sunkist

Installing demo PDF Converter - Error Code: 5 Access denied

Post by sunkist »

I am trying to install a demo version of PDF Converter on my Windows NT machine by running the install.exe -P.

I get the following in the install.log file -

Windows NT 4 Install
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copying acfpdf.dll file
Error Code: 5
Access is denied.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copying acfpdfui.dll file
Access is denied.
Copying acfpdf.txt file
Access is denied.
Installing PDF printer driver
Access is denied.
Installing PDF printer
Access is denied.
Printer setup failed
Access is denied.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please check the following:

1 - That you are running Install -p from a folder containing all the mentioned files.
All the files you received with the PDF Converter should be in the same folder as Install.exe.

2 - That none of these files is marked as Read Only, if so please uncheck the read only check box.

3 - If you checked (1) and (2) and none applied or helped, please search for the following files on your system:
acfpdf*.*
cdintf.dll
Remove any instance of these files from your system directory, than reboot your system and run Install.exe again.

Hope this will help 8)
Last edited by Joan on Fri Jan 10 2003, edited 1 time in total.
sunkist

Post by sunkist »

My problem turned out to be that I was not set up as an administrator on the machine that I was trying to install on.

After getting that changed, PDF Converted install without a problem.

Thanks.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

That was easy !

I didn't took this into consideration, I assumed you are logging as administrator :wink: .

As a record, you need to log in as Administrator to install the PDF Converter under NT / 2000 and XP.

Merry Christmas ! :)