PDF Creator Append, Merge Method problem

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
BryanSteiger

PDF Creator Append, Merge Method problem

Post by BryanSteiger »

Good afternoon,

I'm using PDF Creator Version 1.5.0.3 Professional's ActiveX component with VB .NET. The ActiveX control is on a windows form. I can load pdf files and create new objects in the loaded file.

At this point, I am attempting to append the contents of one pdf to the end of another pdf (both of which were created/saved with PDF Creator). This is occasionally necessary as certain forms must be packaged together to be run as one print job.

I've tried each of the methods that seemed applicable: Merge, MergeEx, Append, AppendEx.

Example (AppendEx):

Code: Select all

If Me.strFileName = "" Then
            MsgBox("Open a file before attempting to add another", MsgBoxStyle.OKOnly, "Error")
            Exit Sub
        End If

Me.OFD1.Title = "Choose the PDF file to Merge with the open file"
        Me.OFD1.ShowDialog()
        Dim strFileName2 As String = OFD1.FileName
        Dim PDF2 As New ACPDFCREACTIVEX.PDFCreactiveX()
        PDF2.Open(strFileName2, "")

Me.PDF1.SetLicenseKey("","")
        Me.PDF1.AppendEx(PDF2)
        Me.PDF1.Refresh()
Example (Append):

Code: Select all

If Me.strFileName = "" Then
            MsgBox("Open a file before attempting to add another", MsgBoxStyle.OKOnly, "Error")
            Exit Sub
        End If

Me.OFD1.Title = "Choose the PDF file to Merge with the open file"
        Me.OFD1.ShowDialog()
        Dim strFileName2 As String = OFD1.FileName

Me.PDF1.SetLicenseKey("","")
        Me.PDF1.Append(strFileName2, "")
        Me.PDF1.Refresh()
The use of both of these methods leads to one of two problems:

a) The method completes without throwing an exception, but attempting to view the appended pages throws a null reference exception on PDF1.

b) The method completes without throwing an exception, no attempt is made to view the appended pages, PDF1 is saved with a new filename, but the appended pages are not on the new file.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan Steiger
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

To be able to help you please send your sample pdf files and the below code to support@amyuni.com, we will check it and try to reproduce this issue.

Thanks.