Error 126 when installing printer on Windows XP

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hello Jose,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to have something clarified though.

I install the following PDF Converter files in C:\Program Files\AmyUni and execute the Install.exe in silent mode after these files have been copied to the directory :

acfpdf.dll
acfpdf.drv
acfpdf.inf
acfpdf.txt
acfpdf16.drv
acfpdfu.dll
acfpdfui.dll
cdintf.dll
FllIntf.fll
Install.exe
oemsetup.inf

Could it be the fact that I deploy all files in all circumstances that I have errors when running Install.exe.

When I follow the guidlines specified in the Distribs.pdf document I'm never able to correctly install PDF Converter. So after a while I got tired of fighting and installed all the files.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hi Robert,

Our install.exe looks for certain files to be present in the same location that install.exe is stored. If any of these files are missing, then the installation fails.

Below is a list of DLLs that need to be present when running the install.exe

Windows 95/98/Me
ACFPDF.DRV
CDINTF.DLL
FLLINTF.FLL (used with FoxPro only)
INSTALL.EXE

Windows NT/2000/XP
ACFPDF.DLL (used with winNT only)
FLLINTF.FLL (used with FoxPro only)
ACFPDF.TXT
CDINTF.DLL
INSTALL.EXE
ACFPDFUI.DLL
ACFPDFU.DLL (version 2.07 and Above and used with win2000/XP)

Hope this helps
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hello Jose,

Since I install all the files you mentioned in the directory (c:\Program Files\AmyUni) with the Install.exe the acfpdfu.dll or acfpdf.dll file should be found. When I call Install.exe from my InstallShield script I change the current directory the one containing the Install.exe to make sure it sees all the needed files.

I know that the Install.exe copies the cdintf.dll file to the System32 directory but are there other files that are copied ?

Regards

Robert
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hi Robert,

Please send your email address to canada.support@amyuni.com and I will send you a document that explains our installation procedure.

Thanks
Federico

Post by Federico »

Hello!

About this problem during installation of PDF CONVERTER on Windows XP, I would want to add that an our customer did not have on "Environment variables" the path

..\System32\Wbem

Therefore the problem isn't only about the blank at the end of this string: in some Win XP the path lacks completely.

I hope that the information can be of aid for someone!

Federico
cluzhoxsie

Check Environment Path

Post by cluzhoxsie »

I have found that uninstalling certain programs in Windows XP changes the Path environment variable in the registry from a Reg_Epand_SZ to a Reg_SZ. This variable is located in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment.

Correcting this variable type and rebooting allowed the Windows XP workstations to install the Amyuni driver.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Thanks for the tip,

This bug has been eluding us for almost a year now. How did you figure it out ?

Regards

Robert
cluzhoxsie

Post by cluzhoxsie »

I used a program called InstallWatch Pro to track changes on workstations with the problem. I also could not use exe files like ping.exe that are located in the system32 directory using a command prompt.

InstallWatch can be found at:
http://www.epsilonsquared.com/