A few questions regarding PDF Converter with Delphi 5

If you are a Delphi developer and have any questions about using our products from Delphi here is the place to post them.
jquenault

A few questions regarding PDF Converter with Delphi 5

Post by jquenault »

Hi,

I just recently downloaded the pdf converter and began using it with a program that I am working on.

I have managed to get it working, converting multiple formats to pdf.
I have to say, its excellent and does the job very nicely :)

I have two questions, though.

1. When I develop and execute the code to convert a document in Win2000, it works fine. In Windows98, though, it generates an exception. 'DEVMODE is NULL. Check that the printer is installed correctly'.
My question is, is win98 supported with the demo version of pdf converter?
(If it is, then I'll have to figure out the reason why it is failing)

2. The release notes with the DLL (cdintf.dll) mention that an ActiveX object an be accessed once its registered. I was unable to find the activex component in Delphi listing (via the Component -> Import ActiveX Control dialog). I was able to use the OLE method, which worked fine.
Just curious if it is included in the demo version. Or if I'm not doing it correctly to get access to it (I register it, then check the dialog and see its not listed)

Anyway, great product :)

John
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello John,

The demo version of the PDF Converter supports both Windows 98 and Windows 2000 (In fact it supports all Winodws platforms).

1 - "DEVMODE IS NULL" means that you are trying to print to the PDF Printer after calling DriverEnd, or at anytime when the PDF Printer is not initialized in your code.

2 - When registering CDintf on your system using Regsvr32, you should be able to find it in Tools --> Import ActiveX dialog box :!:
You can use the ActiveX interface of CDIntf even if you have the demo version of the PDF Converter.

Please download our Delphi technical note from: http://www.amyuni.com/en/support/technotes.html
This note contains a Delphi sample that would be helpful.

Have a nice day :)