Can not open PDF file with PDF Creator

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
bearmeister

Can not open PDF file with PDF Creator

Post by bearmeister »

I have a report that yields almost 1800 pages. The PDF converter handles this fine albeit a little sluggish. The moment I attempt to view the generated PDF with the Creator, cpu usage goes to 100%. If I wait long enough before terminating my application I will eventually be informed by the operating system that I am running low on virtual memory. However, if I perform the same conversion and view the results with Adobe's Acrobat Viewer, the PDF file launches quite crisply.

I am utilizing the Creator as an ActiveX control and it is hosted on a Visual FoxPro Form at design time via drag and drop.
When my form's INIT() method fires, I call the PDF creator's Open() method passing it a fully qualified path and PDF filename. Other than the height and width and FitToParent properties, I have changed no properties from their default value.

The document that I generate uses Arial, 8 point as the font. It has a bitmap image superimposed as the watermark, this image is a part of Visual FoxPro report file itself and is not added by the AmyUni PDF Converter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please try to use the new version 1.09 of the PDF Creator. You can download an update for your current vesion of the PDF Creator from the "Updates" section under "Support".

Best Wishes for the New Year 2003 !