Creating RTF files using Document Converter Suite

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
dfolk

Creating RTF files using Document Converter Suite

Post by dfolk »

Hello:

We've purchased the Document Converter Suite with the PDF, EXCEL, and RTF options. We have the most reccent version (2.10i). I can save my VFP reports in PDF and XLS format with no problem. However, the RTF functionality is not working. The RTF file is created, but when I open it using MS Word 2002 (SP3), the file contains unreadable characters. I've added the additional value (8000000) to FileNameOptionsEx, and even used the PrinterParamInt function (PrinterParamInt("RTF Format") = 0). Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks for your assistance.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

To generate RTF files you don't need to add PrinterParamInt("RTF Format") = 0, If you choose to call PrinterParamInt however you need to call SetDefaultConfig after it.

You need to choose between calling PrinterParamInt and adding the option to Convert to RTF to FileNameOptions.

You can try to convert 8000000 Hex to Decimal value (134217728) and use the decimal value instead of the Hexadecimal one.

If this didn't help please send us a request to support@amyuni.com along with your LicenseTo and ActivationCode information to check this issue.

Regards
dfolk

Post by dfolk »

THANKS JOAN!!! Converting the Hex value to decimal did the trick!!!! Thanks again for your assistance! :D :D