How to turn on colours?

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
gojensen

How to turn on colours?

Post by gojensen »

I've been busily testing the developer version the last days. I need to get an app out of the house by this weekend, so before I plunge for the €1150 for the PDF Converter Developer edition I really need to enable the COLOUR printing.

I use the FLL functions and everything seems to work just fine, I add printer - export the report - and remove the printer. But, even though the "Colour to greyscale" option is OFF by default, my reports are done in greyscale only. Really annoying. I searched the attached PDFs of TN03 but couldn't find an option to switch this.

I was also wondering about some of the other driver options (like author and title) but for now colour is my primary problem.

Hope someone can answer this really quick.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

As you mentioned, the option 'ColorToGrayScale' is by default OFF. You can trun it on by adding 80000 Hex to FileNameOptionsEx. But in your case you don't need to do this, if your reports are clorored, thay should be printed as colored pdf files.

Please try to print your report to a colored printer, will you get a colored or black and white printing?

To get more information on setting the 'author' and 'title' of the document please check the Developers' manual 'Common Driver Interface.pdf' that you received with the demo version of the PDF Converter.

Please note that your post at the 'PDF Converter' forum was removed. You can follow up on your post in this forum.

Have a nice day :)
gojensen

Update...

Post by gojensen »

Hi, sorry for the crossposting but with only 3 topics in this forum I was a bit afraid no one would read it :-)

Anyways, the colours work fine both on preview and on print. I read somewhere that one should remove something from the report table files regarding printing?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi again !

The fields you mentioned are TAG and TAG2 fields. It is advisable to delete this fields from the report (you can open the report in table format and delete these fields). So you can be sure that the report is being printed to the PDF Printer. This is done in cases where your report doesn't print to the PDF Printer.

Hope this helps.

PS: Please check that you have the latest demo on your system and only one version of CDintf.