Embed Partial fonts, not all characters show correctly

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
peachy12

Embed Partial fonts, not all characters show correctly

Post by peachy12 »

Hi there

I am using Amyuni PDF Driver to convert a word document to PDF and have set the embedded font options to just embed partial fonts. The problem I have noticed is that certain characters do not appear correctly in the converted PDF. The ones that I have noticed are the apostrophe character and the double quote character.

The PDF views correctly if I use a PDF viewer called Foxit reader, but not Adobe acrobat. I need the document to appear correctly under adobe, as that is what my customers client uses to view PDFs.

I cannot upload a file which exhibits this problem to the forum as PDF files do not appear to be accepted in the upload section.

Regards

peachy12
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Embed Partial fonts, not all characters show correctly

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Based on a previous post of yours, it looks like you are using version 2.5x. If this is the case then I suggest one of the two options below:

1- Try adding the "multi-language" option to the FileNameOptions() function?

2- Upgrading to a newer version of the print driver.

Hope this helps?
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite