report prints to printer, not PDF; conflict with Acrobat

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
kbrown31

report prints to printer, not PDF; conflict with Acrobat

Post by kbrown31 »

I have a VFP app that generates about a dozen reports. I have the Amyuni PDF Converter 2.05 creating PDFs out of these reports, and all of them work fine except for one, which prints directly to the default printer instead of the PDF driver. What might cause a report to fail in this way?

I also have a report from one of my users that installing the PDF converter on his computer wiped out his Acrobat drivers. Has anyone heard of this happening as well?

I appreciate any feedback,
Kevin
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

VFP reports are generally printed to the printer of the report itself and not to the default printer of the system.

To overcome this issue you can do one of the following:

- Open the report in design mode and select the PDF Printer as the printer of this report.

- Open the .frx file of the report and clear the TAG and TAG2 filelds.

Hope this helps.
rborup

Post by rborup »

Joan wrote:VFP reports are generally printed to the printer of the report itself and not to the default printer of the system.

To overcome this issue you can do one of the following:

- Open the report in design mode and select the PDF Printer as the printer of this report.

- Open the .frx file of the report and clear the TAG and TAG2 filelds.
Note that you should clear the TAG and TAG2 fields only in the first record of the FRX file. In the first record of an FRX file, these two fields contain printer-specific information that can be safely removed to make the report printer-independent. In the other records of an FRX file, these two field may contain information such as custom code that you most likely do not want to clear.

Also it is a good idea to clear or comment out the printer-specific information from the EXPR field of the first record of the FRX file. In the example below, note that everything except the orientation, papersize, and copies has been commented out. This also serves to make the report printer-independent.

Code: Select all

***DRIVER=winspool
***DEVICE=HP LaserJet 4
***OUTPUT=LPT1:
ORIENTATION=1
PAPERSIZE=5
COPIES=1
***DEFAULTSOURCE=265
***PRINTQUALITY=600
***YRESOLUTION=600
***TTOPTION=4
HTH