Merging TIFF image files and text

If you need a specific solution and you are not sure which product to use, please post your requirements here and we will advise you on our solution that best suits your needs
Charles

Merging TIFF image files and text

Post by Charles »

For our application we want to merge image files generated as TIFF images by our scanning software with OCR information provided in a standard text file. The text should be hidden in the pdf file, so that the resulting file is full-text searchable, but looks like the original scan image.

Is this possible using Creator and/or Converter? Would it be possible if the image files were stored in the jpeg format instead?

I've been trying to experiment with this using the Delphi demo, and keep getting the error, "Not Implemened", when attempting to create new objects using the ActiveX component.

Any direction you could give would be appreciated. If possible we would like to use your software in our products, but we need to verify the above functionality first.

Thanks,

Charles
Authoritative.net
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You can use our PDF Converter to Convert your documents to PDF, Append them in one pdf file, than you can use the PDF Creator to export this pdf file to RTF.

The Delphi demo uses the ActiveX of the PDF Converter and the PDF Creator, check that these are registered on your system before running the sample.

Does this help?
Charles

Clarification

Post by Charles »

Let me repeat what you are telling me and you can tell me if I understand correctly:

PDF Converter can convert a TIFF image file into PDF.

PDF Converter can convert an ASCII text document into PDF.

PDF Converter can append the previous two documents together into a final PDF document which contains and shows the image, and contains the text in a hidden form.

If all of the above are correct then we can use your product. It would also be nice to be able to get the demo running, then I could find some of these answers myself.

In answer to your question I have registerd cdintf.dl and pdfcreactivex.dll using regsvr32. The demo will run, I can "Open a pdf file', but when I attempt to add text I still receive the error "Not Implemented", which is originating from this routine of the demo code:

procedure TPDFCreactiveX.CreateObject(ObjectType: ObjectTypeConstants; const Reference: WideString);
begin
DefaultInterface.CreateObject(ObjectType, Reference);
end;

Is there technical support available that I could ask directly about this issue?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

The PDF Converter can convert a tiff image to pdf

The PDF Converter can convert an ASCII text document to pdf

The PDF Converter can append the previous two documents together which contains and shows the image and the text. I am not sure what you mean by having the text into a hidden form.

Concerning the error you are getting in the Delphi sample, unfotunately i don't have Delphi right now to try this but the Delphi sample was successfully tested before being posted online. You may contact Technical Support at support@amyuni.com.