HTML ?

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
nelson4183

HTML ?

Post by nelson4183 »

Hi,

I am working with C# and ASP .Net. We have a tool that allows the user to create a document (sort of like this editor) and then save the document. In such case, it saves as HTML to our database. What I need is to be able to take that HTML code (which provides special formatting, etc) and convert it to an PDF file without the user doing anything other than clicking....."Yes convert to pdf"

Does Amyuni have any tools that can handle this? I need to be able to handle headers, footers, html tables, images, bullets, fonts, etc.

thank ya
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The PDF Creator will enable you to create PDF documents from scratch, i.e: you can add yourself labels, pictures, tables ect... to a blank document.

If you wish to convert HTML pages to PDF you can use our PDF Converter. This is a printer driver that enables you to convert your documents to PDF by printing them to the PDF Printer.

A demo version is available at: http://www.amyuni.com/en/products/pdf_c ... /demo.html

The Converter provides a DLL and ActiveX interface that you can use from inside your application to programmatically set the pdf file name and printer properties from inside your application without user interaction, so your user can convert HTML documents to PDF by one click but you will need to write the needed code beside that click.

Sample applications on using the PDF Converter programmatically are available at: http://www.amyuni.com/en/support/technotes.html

Hope this helps.
nelson4183

Post by nelson4183 »

Thanks for the reply.

So, if I understand you correctly...

I can use the PDF Creator to append html tags and headers and footers into my HTML text (which is already stored in the database). But then when I want to print these HTML forms to PDF, I would then need the PDF Converter as well? Can the Creator handle all of these requirements?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

No, this is not what I mean.

The PDF Creator is not helpful in your case.

You need to convevert your HTML code to HTML pages on your hard disk, and then open these pages in Internet Explorer or any other html viewer and print these html pages to the PDF Printer installed by the PDF Converter to get PDF files.

Hope this helps.
nelson4183

OK

Post by nelson4183 »

Thank ya