Digital Signatures

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
paolo73

Digital Signatures

Post by paolo73 »

Thanks for the reply. Your answer is exactly what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

Anyway, I have one more issue, I have been informed that Amyuni offers the ability to add digital signatures to the PDF file. I have scanned both the Common Device Interface and the PDF Creator developer manual, but so far, I haven't come across anything about digital signatures. The Amyuni sales rep my boss spoke with insists that the Professional suite has this functionality. Can you please point me toward the right direction?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Paolo,

We do not support digital signature in the current version of our product but we can give you a way to add a signature to a pdf file. I guess this is what the sales assistant your boss spoke to was trying to explain.

You can add a signature to the pdf file through the PDF Creator. You need to create the signature as a separate picture and add it to the PDF file.

You can then send this picture to background to make it transparent in case the signature should come over any other text.

I am including here a smaple code to add a picture to a pdf file and make it transparent.

Private Sub cmdAddPictureObject_Click()
With PDF1
.SetLicenseKey LicenseTo, ActivationCode
'Open file
.OpenEx "c:\temp\test.pdf", ""

'Create and Picture Object
.CreateObject acObjectTypePicture, "Pic1"
With .GetObjectByName("Pic1")
.Attribute("FileName") = "C:\signature.bmp"
.Attribute("Left") = 0
.Attribute("Top") = 0
.Attribute("Right") = PDF1.PageWidth
.Attribute("Bottom") = PDF1.PageLength

.Selected = True
End With

.DoCommandTool acCommandToolBringBackward
.DoCommandTool acCommandToolRunDocument

.Refresh
.Save "c:\temp\test_new.pdf", 0
End With
End Sub

Hope this helps.

PS: I will move this post to the PDF Creator forum.
paolo73

Thank You

Post by paolo73 »

Thank you very much. We'll review this and see how we can work with this. Thanks again.