Converting PDFs into images in VB6...

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
dfwmich

Converting PDFs into images in VB6...

Post by dfwmich »

I'm interested in converting individual pages from PDFs into compressed images (tiff, png, jpeg) in VB6.

I'm curious as to which Amyuni product is best suited for this. It would appears as though the PDF converter only converts to PDF, not from PDF to other file formats. I see the "Document Converter" subforum here, but I haven't seen a product by that name anywhere on the web site with the exception of the forums. Is it a discontinued product?

Anyways, it would appear as though PDF Creator for ActiveX is capable of doing what I want, but I'm not exactly sure, nor am I sure if it is the only product that does this (for example, is there a .dll version as well?)

Right now I'm just trying to find out which product can do these conversions the fastest. Thanks for any information that you can provide!
dfwmich

Re: Converting PDFs into images in VB6...

Post by dfwmich »

I've just been informed via email that the PDF Creator for ActiveX software can indeed do PDF->jpeg/tiff/etc. conversions and was linked to this page: http://amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_PDF_Cr ... Method.htm

I am still curious if any other offerings are capable of doing this, or if it is only the Creator.

Also, if there are any inconveniences to the end user of my application(s) that I should be aware of, such as having to go through a registration process, I would like to know about those before I make my decision as well.