Function Print() prints garbage characters

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
wd818

Function Print() prints garbage characters

Post by wd818 »

When the function Print() prints out certain PDF files, lots of weird characters are instroduced to replace the original text. In some files, it is so bad that the print out is not readable at all.

The same thing happens when using StartPrint()/PrintPage()/EndPrint()

The version we use is 3.0.3.6, it is used as an activex control in our MFC application.

Can someone help?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: Function Print() prints garbage characters

Post by Joan »

Please send the file you are trying to print to support@amyuni.com, we will check it.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
wd818

Post by wd818 »

Email sent on 3/4/2009 with a PDF file we have problems with.
wd818

Post by wd818 »

This is the response I got from Amyuni on 3/5/09, which is not very helpful.
The printing problem I have encountered is a bug inside PDF Creator 3.03. I just want Amyuni to be aware of this problem and issue me a ticket # for future reference.

Here is part of the original email sent by Amyuni Support
"Amyuni Technologies offers a two tier support and maintenance plan.

1) Standard maintenance, this plan offers the customer free downloads of the same version and access to technical notes and FAQ's.

2) Preferred support, this plan offers fee downloads of minor and major releases for one year, Email and voice support (5 voice incidents per year) and access to technical notes and FAQ's.

I have verified our customer database and your company unfortunately did not purchase the Preferred Support plan and email support is not part of the standard maintenance plan. "