Create PDF with fields which user can save

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
nDragan

Create PDF with fields which user can save

Post by nDragan »

Hi... long time no see :).

I'm evaluating PDF creator, but after two days of attempting to do things and reading this forum, I can't find a way to do the following.

A PDF file is generated with a bunch of controls - textboxes, combos, checkboxes - and put on a website. It's an application form. The visitors download the form, fill it and email it. And herein lies the rub - no matter how I set the security on the document, it refuses to save from Acrobat (and the end user being the web visitor, we can't force them to have any specific client software, must assume standard reader). There's no save button, Save is not there in the File menu, when it sends to email it sends without values, i.e. the controls arrive blank or with the original values, not what user entered. Goes the same for files I created programmatically and for those created with

Is this a limitation of the eval version, or is the Creator simply without this capability?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: Create PDF with fields which user can save

Post by Joan »

Hi, how are you doing ?

Actually the Reader doesn't allow form filling. You need to have the standard or professional version of Adobe Reader to be able to edit PDF files or save filled forms.

Users can only fill forms and print them. This is related to the Reader not to the Creator.

Hope this explains the situation. For possible solutions or alternatives please contact support@amyuni.com

Have a great day
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark